Apple has announced the Apple Watch Series 8 and the new Apple Watch SE. It breaks new ground with some new technology and performance like skin temperature readings, Women’s Health tracking, new motion sensors, increased battery life, and international roaming for cellular models.
The Apple Watch SE model also offers much of the same as the series 8, except for the temperature sensors, blood oxygen level, ECG reading, blood pressure monitoring and always-on display. It is a hair smaller 44mm and 40mm faces compared to the Series 8’s 45mm and 41mm.
The Apple Watch in this series introduces a new design with a bigger display as well as a new design for exploration and outdoor activities.
The new feature has also introduced temperature sensing with a two-sensor design-one sensor on the back of the watch nearest to the skin, and the other just under the display-reducing bias from the outside environment.
One more feature included in the new Apple Watch which detects car crashes.
The watchOS 9 incorporates new customizable watch faces like Lunar and Metropolitan, an enhanced Workout app, and a mode to detect car crashes by using the watch gyroscope and accelerometer. The combination with an advanced algorithm developed at crash test sites has the capability to dial emergency services if the wearer is unresponsive after a 10-second countdown.
· Apple Watch Series 8 can reach up to 18 hours of battery life with an iPhone present during regular use.
· Apple Watch Series 8 has LTPO OLED retina Always-on display 1000 nits brightness, increased crack-resistance.
· The Apple Watch Series 8 has made of Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and Titanium.
· New Sensors include a beefed-up accelerometer and barometer
· A new feature called a car crash detector is also included which detects a sudden change in velocity, air pressure, and the sound of a crash, it will offer to call 911, send your location, and call your emergency contacts.
· Apple Watch Series 8 cellular models also included international data roaming (for free or at a low price, Apple claims).
· It Introduces a special wrist temperature sensor for woman’s health
· A new low-power mode that can extend battery life to reach up to 36 hours and it is more capable than the current low-power mode, which turns off almost everything but the new mode uses new battery-squeezing algorithms that turn only the most power-hungry functions, like the always-on display and the auto-detection of workouts.
Pricing and Availability
· Buyers in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Japan, the UAE, the US, the UK, and more than 40 other countries and regions can order Apple Watch Series 8 and Apple Watch SE from 7 Sept onwards, with availability in stores beginning Friday, September 16.
· The Apple Watch SE starts at $249 for the GPS version and $299 for the Cellular version.
· The Apple Watch Series 8 starts at $399 for GPS Version and $499 for the cellular version.
· For shipping will begin on September 16, 2022
Apple Watch Nike bands and Apple Watch Hermes bands will be available to order from 7 Sept onward from the Apple Store app and Apple Store website with availability in stores beginning Friday, September 16
· In all regions watchOS 9 will be available for Apple Watch Series 4 and later on Monday, September 12, and requires iPhone 8 or later and iPhone SE (2nd generation) or later rubbing iOS 16. All features are not available on all devices.
· For the customers who purchase Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch SE, or Apple Watch Ultra they have included three months of Apple Fitness+.